Who we help
MAAC LIHWAP accepts LIHWAP applications for residents of Jackson, Clay, and Platte Counties in Missouri. LIHWAP helps low income households meet their immediate water and wastewater needs.
How we help
LIHWAP provides a one-time payment up to $750 to help eligible households to pay for their current or past due water and/or wastewater (sewer) bills, and disconnection and reconnection fees. Payments will be made directly to your participating utility company.
If you need help with your water or sewer bill, you will need to apply no later than December 31, 2023.
Who is eligible
LIHWAP helps low income households meet their immediate water and wastewater needs.
- Be responsible for paying home water and wastewater costs.
- Be a United States citizen or have been legally admitted for permanent residence.
- Have $3,000 or less in bank accounts, retirement accounts, or investments.
- Meet specific income guidelines that vary according to household size and type. Currently this equates to about 60% of the state median income (SMI).
Download application form
If you are unable to print an application, you may call 855-373-4636 or 816-831-1830 and request one be mailed to you. You may also pick up an application outside the door of the LIHWAP office.
Checklist before submitting
Please note, if your application is not complete as submitted, processing will be delayed.
- Answer all questions completely (remember to write in all Social Security numbers for everyone in your household and write in your account numbers)
- Include copy of ID for person applying
- Include any proof of income (including paystubs, social security benefit letter, etc.)
- Sign and date your application
- Include a copy of your current water/wastewater charges
PO Box 32270
Kansas City, MO 64171
For questions: 816-831-1830